Wednesday, March 3, 2010

today's musings

I had a pondering today at work. I was on my way to Home Depot to grab some materials for the day in the company flatbed truck. I passed a car parked on the side of the road that had the contents of the trunk on the ground, the spare tire out, and a man on a cell phone. I blasted on past to pick up the material at Home Depot before continuing up to the job.

but I started wondering. I remember a study recently that showed most Christians won't stop and help someone if they are in some kind of rush to be somewhere. I'm guilty of that, given today's events, but still...I almost feel like the non-Samaritans in the Good Samaritan story.

I would've done a disservice to my boss if I had stopped though. would've cost him money. whether I think he should worry about money or not is not my place; what is my place is to perform for him the best I can, as if performing unto God Himself.

so really I was faced with two rather lame options. stop and help the guy, feel good about myself for helping someone in need, and get chewed up and down by the boss for wasting his time. OR, blast on past the guy, getting to the jobsite as quickly as possible to finish as quickly as possible, and save the boss money.

I was left figuring I had to choose the lesser of two evils, but I'm not sure I actually chose the lesser of two evils.

No comments:

Post a Comment